Friday, March 30, 2012

Asparagus and Blueberry





It was another good day for a beginner gardener! Those guys were waiting for a good soil - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, red onion set  and asparagus Mary Washington.
 Thank you for tips from Julie Budding and Blooming
how to plant asparagus - I never did it before.
So I dig some tranches, put there my compost and bone meal and planted 6 roots. Now I have to wait 2 years!
 Than I was planting  my blueberries Top Hat.
Look how bad the soil is in New England!
Only one foot down and  light colored heavy clay, a lot of stones.... what a difference with rich black compost I am making. Thank you for all the guys who teach me how to make compost!
 There is my happy blueberry family of 7.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! It looks like you put in a full day of gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about asparagus but, none in the garden yet. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete