Sunday, June 14, 2015

DIY grow bags tutorial for zucchini, potatoes or sweet potatoes

My garden is in partial shade and the sunniest part I have here is a large deck, but most of the plants require a lot of growing space.
I was thinking about making grow bags, in a fast and  inexpensive way.
I have black garden fabric from Costco,  it is 48" wide.

Step 1. Cut a square 48x48"
 
Step 2. Cut in half.

Step 3. Sew the rim on long side.


 














Step 4. Sew side and bottom.















 Grow bag in process.
 Step 5. Making "ears".
I called them "ears". Fold the bag.











Make the folds and sew them.












Step 6. Turn the bag inside out

 and grow!
 I transplanted 2 of my zucchini.

The finished bag from 48x24" peace of fabric is
14x14x14 inches or about 12 gallons.
It took me 30 minutes to sew 6 bags

No comments:

Post a Comment