Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Strawberries, what to do?

Yesterday I could not spot myself from buying 2 small post of strawberries in homedepot. My 10 years old son liked them so much so wanted to keep them in his bedroom.
 Today I planted them in a round raised bed, there were 3 of them in each pot, so I happily divided them.
And this afternoon I got my order that I made in February with 50 more baby strawberries!

Look at them! It is hard to see, but they looks pretty healthy, long dark (?) roots and small white-yellow sprouts.
I NEVER grow strawberries.
NEVER - NEVER!
I just put them in water and now I am ready to read about it!
Wish me Luck!

3 comments:

  1. The plants should have come with instructions on storing them until planting. I believe that the roots should be wrapped in damp paper and kept in a cool spot until planting. Good luck and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I planted all of them today, as I read, in my compost soil, may be too near to each other, will see. I also will mulch them with my handmade mulch (I have a lot of sticks in the woods to shred.) I will post update in some days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore strawberries you and your boy will have so many berries you will be able to make jam, eat them fresh yumbo

    ReplyDelete