Thursday, April 19, 2012

GFCF Fruit Pie - Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard 4/19/2012

I have 3 kids this week to help me, they're babysitting me, and because my son is on gluten free, casein free diet, we decided to bake GFCF pie.

1 apple
some frozen raspberry
some raisins
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup  Bob's Red Mill Gluten free vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup corn flour
3 eggs
1/2 tsp guar gum

 I can use any gluten free flour, this time I experiment with regular corn flour and some GF mix,

Lightly beat 3 eggs, stir with sugar, honey, add flour. I use fork to stir, but you can use mixer on low.
I add a little (1/2 tsp) of guar gum to glue the dough.

 We cut apples, add all fruits on the glass form covered with palm butter (casein free).
Than pour dough over, stir a little.

Bake on 350F 40-45 min, check with wooden stick if the pie is read.



Actually this recipe works very well with regular flour and you do not have to add guar gum. And it works with many fruits.
In my childhood this pie was called "Charlottca"
I was very easy to bake just with 1 cup flour+1 cup sugar+3eggs.



Please look at Robin's blog The Gardener of Eden for the rest of the Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard posts.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a wonderful dessert! I have never had anything like it. This is a must try for fruit season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! and this is very easy recipe, try it with any fruits (not very juicy), or the dough will be too liquid and not raise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. It reminds me more of a cake than a pie. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking pie! A friend of ours follows a gluten free diet. She'd appreciate the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to make it with rhubarb or apples - it's almost like an angelfood cake over fruit :)

    ReplyDelete