Wednesday, January 9, 2013

DYI Grow Light under $20

Last year I did not have grow lights an some of my seedlings were leggy. So I decided to give me and my little friends a present - grow light!
Instead of buying an expensive grow light kit I found-

1 - Lithonia Lighting 2-Light White T8 Fluorescent Residential Shop Light $12.97

2 - Philips Daylight Deluxe 40-Watt Linear Fluorescent Light Bulb (2-Pack) $6.97

As you see the total is 19.94

 This is my basement, on the photo the room is darker than in real life. The lamp has a cord so I did not have to wire or make other difficult installations.
there also chains to hang the lamp, I only needed 2 hooks.

The whole process took about 10 minutes, I am thinking about getting another one.

This is my radish all white - long but strong legs and healthy plants.
 There are my turnips that I started without lights 2 weeks ago, they looks week and leggy, but I hope they will be better.
Peppers under the light! I wish them to be really big and healthy before garden transplanting.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, now this is very useful and rather fantastic. So great to have homegrown stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete